About the Opportunity
Be at the heart of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. Bupa Medical Visa Services delivers health assessments on behalf of the Australian Government to our customers who are applying for visas to live, work or study in Australia. We are known for our welcoming, rewarding and high-performing workplace, with our customers at the heart of everything we do. This is a big moment in their lives, and we're here to help make sure they feel welcomed and supported as they move through this process, as well as playing a key role in protecting Australia's population health.
BMVS provide assessment services for visa purposes and do not provide clinical treatment services. As such, our customer base is typically healthy and have been within Australia on a granted visa for prolonged periods of time prior to seeking a further visa. We also screen customers ahead of their appointments to ensure they are not presenting with cold and flu symptoms or returned to Australia recently as part of our preparedness for COVID-19.
About the role
Our Receptionists are the first point of contact for our customers in our Visa Medical Assessment Centres and provide information and instructions to help guide our customers through the medical assessment process - making sure that customers are aware of what they need to do and why.
We're currently looking for 2x casual Receptionists to join our team. You will need at least 3 days a week availability including weekends. Operating hours are between 7am and 7pm 7 days a week, flexibility with start and finish times are essential.
You will be required to work across both sites at Docklands and Greensborough.
As part of our professional Reception and Concierge team you will be greeting customers and ensuring their questions and concerns are addressed and resolved with a customer-focused, respectful, caring and professional approach. You will be adhering to established process and procedure accurately to assist customers through the steps of the assessment process, including:
- conducting an identity and security check and escalate any identified risks
- processing payments via EFTPOS
- confirming customer documentation is completed to requirements and processing forms
- confirming which examinations the customer is required to complete and explaining this to the customer
- entering required data and information into customer management systems and databases
- explaining the steps throughout the visa medical examination and ensuring the customer understands the key elements of the visa medical examination process
Our Receptionists come from a wide variety of backgrounds and work experiences. To be successful in the role, you'll need:
- Demonstrated customer focus and a professional, service-orientated and helpful approach
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to deliver accurate and constant outcomes in a busy and repetitious environment
- Well-developed communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of customers and staff, including people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and adapting communication style to meet the needs of the customer as well as convey information and key points clearly and concisely
- Sound IT and computer skills
- The ability to work effectively within a highly structured environment driven by procedure and process, and adhere to established processes, quality standards and targets.
Our Melbourne team are driven and professional, and we really care about the work we do. Our team culture is known for being open, honest and collaborative, with our customers at the heart of everything we do.
The centre is conveniently located on Bourke Street in Docklands, right near Southern Cross Station in the CBD and close to restaurants, shopping and gyms.
Be at the heart of it with Bupa:
- No late night or overnight shifts or working public holidays
- A big, supportive team where your contribution is truly valued - our people love working at Bupa
- Opportunity to build your career with a Global leader in healthcare
- Bupa benefits including product discounts (hello discounted health insurance!)
Apply now! We'll be shortlisting and screening as soon as applications come in.
A career at Bupa is more than just a job. It's an opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of our customers and communities. Our purpose, helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives, is what inspires us. It's a promise to our customers to change lives for the better. Our people are at the heart of this. It's their passion, ideas and commitment that will shape a brighter future for both Bupa and our customers.
To learn more about working at Bupa please visit our website: www.bupa.com.au/careers
Bupa is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged based on their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity, or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.