Pioneers of advanced technology, Össur Australia’s mission is to improve people’s mobility. As a global leader in non-invasive orthopaedics, we have nurtured an innovative mind-set, continuously pushing the boundaries to create the best products and services in the fields of Prosthetic, Osteoarthritis and Injury Solutions.
Össur Australia are currently seeking a motivated Office Assistant to join our team to provide office support to the North Parramatta office in the form of kitchen duties and administrative support. The role would someone looking for part time hours across 5 days who enjoyed supporting the team by providing lunch and doing ad hoc jobs around the office.
Hours for this role are:
Monday – 9am to 4pm
Tuesday – 10am – 3.30pm
Wednesday – 10am – 3.30pm
Thursday – 10am – 3.30pm
Friday – 10am – 3.00pm
- Buying food items for the employee lunches and preparing the items on a daily basis ready for the employees to come in and help themselves/make their own lunches;
- Ensuring the kitchen, lunchroom and common areas (meeting rooms) are tidy, tidy the room after meetings, ensure chairs are arranged neatly and whiteboard cleaned if needed;
- Putting all crockery/cutlery into the dishwasher on a daily basis and timing this so that the dishwasher can be emptied prior to leaving the office each day;
- Performing weekly stock-take of kitchen, facilities, and replenishing as required within the budget provided;
- When seated at the front desk greet visitors to the office and assist as needed (sign for parcels, let relevant employee know that someone is here for them) etc;
- Being a back up for the customer service team and answering phone calls when they are not picked up within 3 rings. Transferring to the relevant employee/taking and passing on messages as needed;
- Ensuring the photocopier, printers have enough paper (once a day check and refresh);
- Recycling where possible to ensure we are considering the environment, making recommendations to employees where possible to improve our systems in this area and that we are becoming a sustainable office;
- Taking minutes for weekly team meeting on the standard template and distributing to all office employees via email within 2 days of the Monday meeting;
- Receiving and loggin in excel incoming goods for Customer Care team;
- Logging daily expenses in Excel to keep track of budget on a weekly basis;
- Log receipts and match in Concur (Expense Management System) on a monthly basis;
- Going to the post office as required;
- Sorting all incoming mail to the centre (via the post or electronic communication) and responding where needed in an appropriate timeframe;
- Being responsible for Össur Australia’s contact list across all sites, updating when necessary and sending to all employees across Össur Australia on a bi-monthly basis;
- Prioritising work commitments and ensuring daily workflows are managed effectively;
- Liaising with cleaner if necessary and generally ensuring a clean and safe work environment is maintained;
- Ensuring that all behavior is in line with the company’s values, Code of Conduct and other relevant policies;
- Other tasks as directed within scope of role and responsibility level.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a kitchen hand, is customer service focused, can prioritise tasks, can make decisions autonomously and is a strong team player.
If you’re interested in this position and fit the above description of an ideal candidate, we would love to hear from you. The successful applicant would be joining a fantastic company, be provided with support and development opportunities.
If you are of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background, or are an amputee with the skills outlined above we would love to have you apply.