Aware is seeking a full time Education Support Officer to have the operational responsibility for the delivery of training according to the requirements of the relevant lifestyle programs.
Aware Programs is a registered NDIS provider offering positive options for people with a disability. A variety of employment, training and lifestyle opportunities are offered at Aware's newly renovated premises. The Kane Rd building has computer labs, classrooms, a recreation room, gym, movie theatre room and other facilities.
Core Workplace Objectives
- To provide the best quality support for people with disabilities,
- Facilitate inclusion and participation, dependent on individual needs, abilities and preferences, and support clients to establish and maintain relationships and interest through access to activities and services provided.
- Support clients to participate in age and ability appropriate activities and tasks.
- Support Staff on activities and outings in the community.
Workplace Tasking & Key Responsibilities
- Ability to transport Learners in a 12 Seater Bus on outings to and from AWARE to their home.
- Provide back up, feedback and support to other staff as necessary.
- Monitor client's safety and well-being and report any concerns to the Aware Manager.
- Willingness to teach/mentor a variety of Learners with disabilities.
- Provide direct care assistance to each client in need.
- Work in accordance with work health and safety policy.
- Maintain accurate records of all expenditures.
- Ensure completion of appropriate paperwork and relevant documentation.
- In conjunction with other staff assist in developing, implementing and evaluating training and behaviour programs to attain identified individual goals of the clients.
- Liaise extensively with other staff to ensure overall smooth and consistent running of the services provided.
- Actively contribute to a team environment through open communication, participation in regular staff meetings, planning processes and policy reviews.
- Other general duties as required by Aware.
For this position with our company, applicants must:
- Demonstrated experience in the community services including a working knowledge of Disability Services
- Ability to work as part of a strong team.
- Be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Have strong written and oral communication skills;
- Intermediate experience of the Microsoft suite and database knowledge.
For this position with our company, applicants must be willing and able to provide:
- Current Australian Drivers Licence
- Certificate IV in Disability or relevant Vocational Qualifications (Cert IV or higher)
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate of Completion
- National Police Check - at own cost
- NSW Working With Children Check (employee)
- VIC Working With Children Check (employee)
- NDIS Worker Check
- Level 4 (AWCC Enterprise Agreement 2022-2025) $58,931
- Salary Packaging through Maxxia.
All applicants must submit a Cover Letter (no more than 2 pages) addressing the Workplace Tasking’s for this role as listed above, along with a Resume.
If you have any questions regarding the role
Contact: Dylan Muggivan, Manager Employment Training & Lifestyle E:[email protected]
Applications close on 28 January 2022