Koppers Performance Chemicals Australia is part of a global group that manufactures a range of timber preservation chemicals for the domestic and international markets. We are currently seeking an Automation / Process Engineer to provide additional assistance with the installation and customer support of our plant automation system.
- Key tasks include
- Modify, install, test and debug Process Control Systems for customer treating plants.
- Communicate with customers on process control equipment, technical products and process applications.
- Coordinate with regional managers to clarify and resolve problems and improve designs.
- Computer component inventory – maintain, purchase, schedule, prep and ship for projects as needed
- Provide onsite and remote customer support to troubleshoot treating plant problems. Have a practical working knowledge of process flow and wood treating
- Provide user friendly training, support and follow-up as necessary
- Must be able to work independently to provide solutions and ideas to new and existing problems
Qualifications and skills
The successful candidate will have
- Trade and /or tertiary qualifications in either mechanical/electrical/chemical engineering, or mechatronics.
- Proficiency with PLC hardware & software, HMI hardware & software, computer networking fundamentals, computer hardware & components plus a basic knowledge of SQL Server databases.
- A working knowledge of electrical Systems – able to read electrical drawings. Familiar with AC/DC circuits, analogue control circuits, variable frequency drives, flowmeters and other industrial instrumentation.
- At lease basic mechanical engineering and process knowledge. For example, the ability to size and specify pumps and valves to suppliers on behalf of customers.
- Knowledge of Australian Worker Health and Safety regulations.
- The ability to form good working relationships with customers and suppliers at all levels from working with and training operators, to presenting proposals to senior management.
- A work record with a proven strong work ethic.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team
- A degree of autonomy is required therefore honesty and integrity is essential
- The successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Willingness to travel and a valid driving licence.
- Must be legally able to work full-time in Australia
While not required the following skills would be an advantage
- Programming skills in VB.Net OR C#, SQL Server (Functions, Procedures, Views, Triggers, T-SQL, Schema design, Script).
- Experience of working within Quality Management systems.
- Knowledge of HSNO Regulations with respect to Hazardous Substances.
- Competitive salary
- Full training provided
- Geelong area location with parking with flexibility for some work from home
- Down to earth team
With a great team, generous remuneration, handy location and full training this is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for a long-term career with a successful and solid company.