Who We Are:
BD is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare continuum. At BD, we are looking for candidates who possess passion, innovative solutions and a commitment to our one mission of improving access to groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services for people near and far, delivering state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge research in the battle to fight and cure infectious diseases. With a global reach that extends across 50 countries worldwide, our network of professionals collaborates on effective measures to deliver enhanced patient quality such as lower health care delivery costs, improved health care and safety, and expanded health care for all. Join our company and see how you can become a part of one global mission to make a difference in human health.
Purpose of role:
This role will support our new Biosurgery and Infection Prevention team.
The Territory Manager will be responsible for the sale and support of Biosurgery and Infection Prevention product portfolios. This is a position where >80% of time is spent in the perioperative environment.
ASSESSING MARKET POTENTIAL & SETTING OBJECTIVES
- Implement plans to achieve/exceed sales budget.
- Analyse sales and market data and set measurable project objectives.
- Develop and execute territorial sales plan on a quarterly basis.
- Manage product mix to achieve divisional sales and marketing objectives.
- Identify and develop target accounts to exceed individual product budgets.
- Review, evaluate and account to Sales and Product Manager for variances against sales plan and develop/implement agreed remedial plans.
- Exercise effective time and territory management.
- Develop and maintain accurate account and territory records.
- Ensure maximum coverage of all accounts within territory geographic areas to maintain optimum level of exposure and effective time management.
- Perform all necessary administrative work.
- Develop business plans which identify opportunities within current customer base and help formulate sales strategies in conjunction with Sales and Product Manager.
- Formulate call plans to anticipate and prepare for customer requests and queries.
- Budget and control expenses and adhere to company policies and procedures.
INFLUENCING & SELLING
- Develop and maintain professional selling skills.
- Identify, establish and maintain productive working relationships with key decision makers, customers and their staff.
- Implement territorial sales plan.
- Plan and implement effective sales/product presentations to customers.
- Exercise effective skill in identifying and confirming customers’ needs, handling objections and gaining commitment.
- Maintain and expand existing business and develop new business opportunities.
- Represent the company at industry conferences and maximise potential by targeting specific customers to gain sales leads and pursue opportunities to promote the company's product range.
- Develop strategies to counter competitors’ activities.
- Provide customers with a superior level of service.
- Respond to customer enquiries and resolve complaints in a prompt and effective manner.
- Educate customers to ensure that products are understood and used effectively.
- Maintain high standards of personal presentation and promote a professional personal and company image.
- Communicate and maintain effective working relationships.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships within Division (in particular Sales and Product Manager) and company to ensure maximum sales support and maintain a high level of customer service.
- Contribute to the development of a strong team effort.
- Communicate market intelligence/competitor activity promptly, including potential sale leads, and information re product price or account activity to Sales and Product Manager and other appropriate company personnel.
- Submit to Sales and Product Manager (specific reports) Sales Activity Report, Call Reports and Work Plans.
- Ensure a professional standard of written and verbal communication to customers.
SELF DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE
- Develop, maintain and display professional selling skills and product knowledge expertise.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive clinical and technical product knowledge.
- Recognise and understand competitors, products, features, strengths in relation to company's products.
- Participate in product and skills development programmes, managing own self development.
- Evaluate and improve job skills continually.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in surgical or medical device sales
- Demonstrated Territory Management Experience
- Commercial mindset with the ability to execute a profitable territory plan
- Strong people, negotiation and influencing skills
- Collaborative and a team player
- Strong communication skills
- Proven previous results and solutions/outcome driven
How to Apply
Here at BD, we embrace a growth mindset, building capabilities for the future and helping you become the best version of yourself. We offer our employees a clear direction and career pathway for development. We pride ourselves on our transparent and rigorous talent processes that are inclusive, deeply embedded in trust, aligned with our culture, and enable us to achieve strategic imperatives of the organization. Our leaders are committed, engaged and accountable to making talent our top priority.
One of the most important ingredients in becoming a great place to work is great people. At BD, we are dedicated to attracting and retaining extraordinary contributors. A variety of initiatives and programs offers our associates opportunities to grow and develop their careers, be rewarded and recognized for their efforts, and to ensure a balance between work and life.
Apply now by submitting your application online. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion on this opportunity, please contact Laura Gaugain at [email protected]