About the business
CompleteHealth Australia is a multi-disciplinary team of specialists who are dedicated to providing outstanding, but affordable medical care to patients and their families.
We have conveniently located practices, two in the Hills District (Rouse Hill and Norwest) and our new practice at Nepean. CompleteHealth Australia has plans to expand into the Greater Western Sydney region over the next 6-12 months.
About the role
We are looking for a medical receptionist who can work part-time in our busy clinics. The successful candidate must be available to work from our practice locations at Rouse Hill and Norwest.
Our clinic hours are Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm and Saturday, 8am to 1pm with shifts based on a rotating roster.
The ideal candidate can work well under pressure, is a fast learner and has the ability to multi-task, all while maintaining a positive, proactive and energetic attitude. The successful applicant will be humble, work well individually and as part of a team with a can do attitude.
As a medical receptionist, your responsibilities will include:
- Welcoming and assisting patients with enquires and appointments
- Answering telephone calls/emails with a professional phone manner and assisting patients with all enquiries
- Providing support to the Specialist Doctors, including managing the doctor's daily patient lists, obtaining patient reports and results, submitting requests for various tests, maintaining accurate patient records, and liaising with other medical practices and hospitals for continuity in patient care
- Scanning reports into our electronic database as we strive to be a paperless practice
- Processing billing and payments using medical software
- Maintaining information confidentiality at all times
- Keep a clean, tidy and calm reception area
- Assisting with conducting lung function tests and fitting patients with Holter monitors and sleep studies
- Providing support to the Practice Manager (PM) with the day-to-day operations of the clinic
- Support the PM with implementing new initiatives to improve clinic performance
You will have:
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal – in person, email and on the phone), with the ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders including staff and directors
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and work with meticulous attention to detail
- The ability to nurture teamwork – be a committed team player through empathy and trust
- A warm and friendly personality, with the ability to remain calm and polite in stressful situations
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills - patient interaction to the highest possible standard with a warm and caring manner that puts patients at ease, demonstrating cultural sensitivity, patience and embracing people from diverse backgrounds
- A strong work ethic and be reliable
- Excellent computer and typing skills
- The ability to receive feedback, with an openness to learning, growth and improvement
- A strong willingness to learn new skills outside of day-to-day administrative task
- A tidy and professional appearance
Skills and experience
- Experience with practice software Clinic to Cloud is ideal but not essential
- Previous experience in a medical reception position, preferably a specialist medical practice desirable
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word & Outlook
- An understanding of medical terminology
- The ability to type at least 40 wpm
- Current drivers licence
This successful applicant will be able to start immediately.
Please upload your current curriculum vitae [CV] and cover letter detailing a bit about you, why the position interests you, how your skill set aligns with this role and what you can bring to the team.