The Castaway Paper Products Co is looking for a qualified maintenance fitter to join our maintenance team. It is a permanent position located in the Arndell Park area.
About the Company:
The Castaway Paper Products Co is a well-established family owned and run business. We manufacture high quality food packaging for the Australian and New Zealand markets on FMCP machinery. We are proud to be a local manufacturing company providing unique solutions to end customers.
About the role:
Your primary objectives will be;
- Perform and assist with machine / product changeovers.
- Complete all changeovers to specification ensuring quality standards and output rates are met or exceeded.
- Attend to and assist with unplanned breakdowns with urgency to ensure production resumes in a timely manner.
- Assist with equipment start-up at beginning of production and after changeover until set run rates and quality levels are achieved.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Ensure that all maintenance is carried out in accordance with the machine manufacturers recommended schedule and specifications.
- Maintain adequate spare parts as required and inform management of any shortfalls on spare parts.
To be successful in this role you will be required to:
- Ensure compliance with safety, fire and pollution regulations.
- Work within a HACCP environment following all protocols and ensuring all documentation is completed accurately.
- Perform all maintenance / repairs with a high regard for safety of yourself and others.
- Perform all maintenance / repairs using appropriate tools.
- Follow instructions effectively and coordinate all activities with supervisor and production office.
- Maintain the highest housekeeping standards on production floor and in machine shop.
- Ensure all work areas / machines are clean at the end of each repair or maintenance job.
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be motivated with a good work ethic and a keen interest to learn.
- Be prepared to use your initiative and think outside the box.
- Be prepared to be flexible with working hours and roster on occasion.
- Actively seek ways to keep all waste to a minimum.
The following will be highly regarded:
- Experience on high speed production equipment
- Competent in machining and fitting
- Restricted electrical license
- Experience with pneumatics
- Forklift ticket
If you believe that you can add value to our team, then please submit your application with a covering letter to [email protected]